Botox® is an injectable medication used to reduce activity in a specific muscle. It has been used medicinally for decades, and it was often used for optic muscular disorders. Soon, physicians began noticing that Botox® patients experienced the unexpected benefit of wrinkle reduction. Clinical trials ensued and, in 2002, the FDA approved cosmetic applications. It is approved for temporary reduction of moderate to severe glabellar lines. This treatment can also improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the eye and forehead areas.
This product has been used cosmetically for over a decade, with an excellent record of safety and patient satisfaction. It is currently one of the most popular nonsurgical aesthetic procedures available. Most women and men with lines or wrinkles on their upper faces are good candidates. However, Botox® treatment is not recommended for pregnant women or those who expect to become pregnant soon.
The Botox® formula is a neuromodulator, containing a chemical that interrupts communication between the treated muscles and the nerves. Some wrinkles, especially those on the upper part of the face, are caused by tightening of the underlying muscles, creating ridges beneath the skin. This is especially common with the muscles used to form repetitive facial expressions, such as frowning, scowling, or squinting.
This type of wrinkle is treated by injecting a precision amount of Botox® into overactive muscles around the eyes and on the brow. The procedure is completed in a matter of minutes and it is extremely comfortable. The treated muscles begin weakening and relaxing, thus softening lines and wrinkles in the skin. This treatment is effective for frown lines, crow's feet, and forehead lines.
There is no downtime and virtually no aftereffects with Botox® treatment. However, there is a chance of bruising with any injection. Therefore, we advise that you avoid anti-inflammatory medications and formulas that contain aspirin for 14 days prior to treatment. You will be able to resume normal activities immediately, with no downtime. The results will develop gradually over the next several days as the Botox® takes effect, reducing the effectiveness of the nerve signal that causes it to constrict. Most patients are extremely pleased with their more youthful, relaxed appearances.
Botox® is usually priced by the area treated, or by the units of product used. Currently, the average price is about $10.00 to $12.00 per unit. Depending on the amount used, the complete procedure usually costs between $125.00 and $600.00.
- Plastic Surgeon which Provides Botox near Huntington Beach, CA - A plastic surgeon which provides Botox near Huntington Beach, CA may also suggest dermal fillers
- Botox Cost and Reviews in Huntington Beach, CA - Botox cost and reviews in the Huntington Beach, CA area, may not address under eye problems
- Plastic Surgeon which Provides Botox near Newport Beach, CA - Improve your image with a plastic surgeon which provides Botox near Newport Beach, CA
- 92708 Botox - Residents of 92708 and other OC zip codes can turn back the hands of time with Botox
- Botox Cost and Reviews in Newport Beach, CA - Botox continues to excel in cost and reviews in the Newport Beach, CA area
- Wrinkle Reduction Orange County - Achieving wrinkle reduction with Botox in Orange County