It is often said that the eyes are the window to the soul, and they are certainly a focal point for others. This attention-catching area of the face is one of the first areas to display predominant signs of aging. Puffiness and wrinkles around the eyes can be caused by the normal aging process, along with genetics, accumulated sun exposure, and other various environmental factors. You may notice your upper eyelid drooping, the formation of fine lines around your lower eye, or bags under your eyes.
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) tightens the skin and removes excess fat from the eyelids for a firmer, more youthful appearance. This can be a good solution if you feel that your eyes are aging the appearance of your face.
Blepharoplasty is a surgical technique for reducing and tightening the eyelids, creating a more youthful appearance. There are several techniques for accomplishing this, and the best one depends on the nature of your concerns.
- Upper eyelid revision is accomplished with an incision from one corner of the eye to the other, sometimes extending slightly past the corner of the eye to the "crow's feet." Excess fat is extracted, excess skin is trimmed, and the incision is closed with absorbable sutures. The incision follows the natural crease of the eyelid, so it is well disguised once healed.
- Lower eyelid tightening and fat removal involves an incision immediately below the lash line. Excess skin and fat are removed, and then the incision is sutured. Like upper lid surgery, the mark is hidden once healed.
- Fat removal can often be accomplished through an incision on the inside of the eyelid, if there is not excess skin. This technique leaves no visible mark at all, because there is not an external incision.
After the procedure, your eyelids appear firmer and smoother, giving you a more youthful, rested, alert appearance. It will not be obvious that you've had cosmetic surgery, but people are likely to notice how happy, alert, healthy, and vibrant you look. Although aging will continue, it will be "reset" to more youthful starting point. You will be able to enjoy the results of blepharoplasty for many years.
Please understand that the exact cost of a given procedure varies from one patient to the next, depending on several individual factors. On this website, we have provided estimates for many of the procedures that we offer, but they are not guaranteed. We can provide you with a precise, binding estimate at your consultation, and it will be valid for 30 days. These prices include anesthesia, surgeon's charges, operating room costs, special garments if needed, and follow-up appointments.
- Upper Eyes $2,000
- Lower Eyes $2,000
- Upper & Lower Eyes $3,600 - $4000
- Surgery for Eyelids Orange County - Plastic surgeon in Orange County offers surgery for eyelids