Motherhood may be among the most rewarding, wonderful experiences in a woman's life, but it can wreak havoc with her body. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding typically leave mothers with deflated breasts, abdominal protrusions, sagging skin, and other unattractive body changes. Diet and exercise alone cannot reverse these changes.
The Mommy Makeover, available at our Orange County cosmetic surgery practice, is a customized treatment plan, designed specifically for mothers who want their pre-pregnancy bodies back. It includes a combination of esthetic enhancement techniques to firm, contour, and restore the various areas of the body affected by pregnancy.
This procedure is generally not recommended for women who have given birth or breastfed within the last six months. It takes time for the body to heal from pregnancy, and tissues will tighten to a certain extent naturally. Once six months has passed, the drooping or bulging areas that remain are likely to be long-term or permanent without correction.
Every woman is unique, and every body will respond differently to pregnancy. The Mommy Makeover is a highly customized treatment plan, tailored to the specific concerns of each patient. It typically includes:
- A breast lift procedure corrects sagging and restores optimal nipple placement. Implants can also be placed at this time to correct deflation, or create a better-than-before-pregnancy profile.
- A tummy tuck is performed to tighten stretched muscles, flattening the abdomen. Excess skin and fat are removed, and the abdominal contours are sculpted.
- Liposuction may be included to remove fat deposits, which often accumulate in abdomen, thighs, or chest.
- Labiaplasty may be included to correct stretching, tearing, or other effects of pregnancy and childbirth on the labia.
- Scar reduction techniques may be used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Our patients are generally very happy with the results of Mommy Makeover procedures. Once again, they feel comfortable and confident in a bikini or form-fitting clothing. Most importantly, they feel comfortable in their own skin, and ready to face the world feeling youthful and beautiful.